Sunday, February 7, 2010

Live as if you were to die tomorow, learn as if you were to live forever - Ghandi


First of all, I want to mention one thing...WHO DAT. That's all I'll say about that.

Last week my brother from another mother (Mama Helen to be exact), and well, Heidi's brother, decided to go and surprise Heid by just showing up at UK for the weekend. With a 4 hour drive ahead of us, a cooler full of food and a birthday cake, we left after school on Friday Lexington bound. We made it with no complications, save one broken windshield wiper and an Arby's laughter induced sandwich spew. We waited for Heid in her bedroom at the apt while she and her roomates watched a movie at the theatre. I wish I had recorded Heidi's reaction because it was all we had expected and more. I would have drove 8 hours for it. With a mixture of crying/laughing hysterically, she threw her arms around us and held a mean choke hold for approximately 5 minutes. Then we had cake.

It's times like that that remind me how great of friends I have. I am truly blessed and when I have really down days, which seem to be more frequent lately, I know I can always call Heidi. Or most of my friends for that matter. No matter how cliche, it is true, the best things in life are free. A hand to hold, a new baby, a shoulder to cry on, or just someone to call up when you're bored. These are the things that truly make people happy. Although my new hot pink straightener and contemporary framed Ghandi quote print don't hurt.

All in all, it was a spectacular time. I got to see my best friend in the whole world, and come back to a loving home with my dog waiting on me. Life's not too bad.

Oh yeah, and The Weight Race starts tomorrow. Goodbye McSweetea.

No comments:

Post a Comment